Pittsburgh Rocks presented by Citizens Bank
2010 Battle of the Bands Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. To enter the contest, local bands who want to be considered must register online at post-gazette.com/pittsburghrocks between Thursday, May 6 and Thursday, May 13, complete all requested contact information, submit a photo/image of the band (color or black and white), and upload an mp3 file of an original song. Only (1) one original song may be submitted for consideration. Only official online entries will be accepted. The winning bands from 2008 and 2009 Pittsburgh Rocks are ineligible. Bands cannot submit same song from previous years’ entries. Bands must agree that they have read the contest rules and accept the Terms & Conditions of the contest to be eligible.
2. This contest is open to bands/band members who live in the 13 Pennsylvania counties within the Pittsburgh DMA: Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler, Beaver, Clarion, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Venango, Washington and Westmoreland. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. Winners under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter and to claim the prize. Employees of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Citizens Bank, franchises, licensees, parent companies or subsidiaries, and their immediate family members are not eligible.
3. Entries must be received by 4 pm on Thursday, May 13, 2010. Incomplete entries will be deemed null and void.
4. All mp3 entries submitted will be reviewed as they are received and through noon on Friday, May 14 by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette music team contest judges and contest producers.
5. Bands will be judged on musicianship, songwriting, presentation and originality. Songs with explicit lyrics or that promote violence, abuse or racism will be disqualified. Decisions by the judges related to all matters of the contest are final.
6. The TOP 5 BANDS will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on or about Monday, May 17. The top five bands will be asked to perform on the Citizens Bank stage at The Shadyside Art Festival on Walnut Street on Saturday, May 22, 2010 from 3pm – 8 pm. Bands unable to perform will be disqualified and alternate bands will be selected.
7. Songs from the TOP 5 BANDS will be made available at post-gazette.com/pittsburghrocks beginning Tuesday, May 18 and video clips of the top five bands’ performance from The Shadyside Art Festival on Walnut Street will be added to the site on May 24. The public will vote for their favorite band by e-mail (one vote per e-mail address) and by text messaging at the concert from TUESDAY, MAY 18 THROUGH TUESDAY, JUNE 1 AT 5 PM.
8. If during the contest performance, the band or a band member uses explicit or offensive language or makes a statement of derogation toward contest promoters or sponsors, thereby tarnishing the image of contest promoters or sponsors, the Band may be expelled from the contest.
9. PRIZES 1st Place: $2,500 prize; A professionally-produced music video by the post-gazette.com multimedia department. The music video will be a collaborative effort with the band and award-winning videographers Steve Mellon and Matt Freed. Once completed, it will be published at post-gazette.com, which averages over 40 million page views a month, and then given to the band for its own publicity purposes; Headline performance at the SouthSide Works Exposed event Main Stage on Sunday, July 18, 2010 [time TBD.]
10. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and contest sponsors reserve the option to substitute prizes of equal value at their discretion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. The winner agrees and grants the Post-Gazette but not the obligation, to the use of his or her name, voice and likeness, along with any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, without notice, review or approval, for advertising and promotional purposes.
13. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and post-gazette.com are not responsible for any content of the text messages. In keeping with our newsroom standards, do not contribute material that you know is inaccurate, false or confidential. Please keep your text constructive and on topic. Remember that any content of the text becomes the property of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which has sole discretion over its use.
15. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing. Winners and entrants agree to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, post-gazette.com, Citizens Bank, their employees, agents, affiliates, officers and directors, representatives, employees and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (including personal injury or death) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity. A parent or legal guardian of winners under the age of 18 will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release on behalf of the minor child. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, post-gazette.com and Citizens Bank reserve the right to change, alter, and/or amend these official rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the contest or to comply with applicable law.
PITTSBURGH ROCKS $500 GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION
One lucky winner will receive a cash prize of $500. To enter, text PGHROX to 942-53 or complete a 3x5 card with the contest name, your name, address, city, state, zip, phone and age and drop it in the contest entry box located at 34 Boulevard of the Allies, downtown Pittsburgh. Entries can be submitted through June 3 at noon. A random drawing for the winner will be held on or about Friday, June 4 at 9 am. Winner will be notified by phone and their name may appear on post-gazette.com and in ads as part of this promotion. By participating in this contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY
This contest is open to legal U.S. residents age 18 years and over. Employees of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, parent company or subsidiaries, and their immediate family members are not eligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER CONTEST
Text PGHROX to 942-53 or complete a 3x5 card with the contest name, your name, address, city, state, ZIP Code, phone and age and drop it in the contest entry box located at 34 Boulevard of the Allies, downtown Pittsburgh. When the winner is chosen, if they entered by text, they will be asked to provide their name, address, city, state, ZIP Code and age. One entry per person. Entrants who submit more than one entry will be disqualified. The odds of winning depend upon the number of complete eligible entries received. Deadline for entries is June 3 at noon.
4. HOW TO PLAY
Readers must submit an entry form as described in these official rules. A random drawing will be held on or around 9 am on Friday, June 4 from among all eligible entries received.
One prize of $500 will be awarded. Prizes will be awarded only if a participant fully complies with these Official Rules. All decisions by the Post-Gazette regarding the Pittsburgh Rocks $500 Giveaway are final. No substitution or transfer of any prize will be provided (other than as may be expressly provided by the Post-Gazette, in its sole discretion.) Winners may not transfer their prize unless authorized in writing by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in the Post-Gazette's sole discretion. Requests for transfer must be in writing. All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local taxes) connected with any prize are the sole and exclusive responsibility of respective winners. One winner per household.
6. GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The Post-Gazette is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, technically failed submissions of entries, which may be judged void. Entries submitted become the property of the Post-Gazette and will not be returned. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they have entered the contest of their own free will, that the full rules and details of the contest have been made available to them in writing and they therefore understand that the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, its parent company or subsidiaries, will have no liability with respect to the contestants’ participation in the contest or winning a prize and are not liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the participation in this drawing or any use of this prize. As a condition of winning and redeeming a prize, contest winners will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release and a publicity release. By submitting an entry, each winner agrees and grants the Post-Gazette the right, but not the obligation, to the use of his or her name, voice and likeness, along with any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, without notice, review or approval, for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Pittsburgh Rocks $500 Giveaway. If the prize winner fails or refuses to properly sign and return all prize claim documents by the redemption deadline or if the prize is declined or a redemption form is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such prize winner may be disqualified and/or forfeit his or her prize. Prizes are not sent until the winner's compliance with these Official Rules have been verified.
7. OFFICIAL RULES
These Official Rules will be available in the Post-Gazette lobby, 34 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
8. WINNER LIST
For the name of the Pittsburgh Rocks $500 Giveaway winner, submit a written request with a postage-paid return envelope to Pittsburgh Rocks $500 Giveaway Name, 34 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. Requests must be received by June 30, 2010. Limit one request per envelope.