A line of showers and thunderstorms is firing up along a cold front
from northern Virginia through southern Ontario province of Canada
Thursday afternoon. Spotty showers and thunderstorms are forming
around the western shores of Florida. Showers and thunderstorms are
firing up throughout southern Kansas and northern Oklahoma. The rest
of the continental United States looks quiet except for a few
isolated showers over Southern California and into Arizona.
Tornado in Pennsylvania Recalled...
On this day in 1996, there was a severe weather outbreak across
Pennsylvania. Severe thunderstorms brought one-inch diameter hail to
Claysburg. Trees and wires were downed by what was reported as a
small tornado in Perry County. Roads were closed due to flooding in
WEATHER HIGHLIGHTS BY ACCU WEATHER
Weather Reports From Earlier Thursday:
- 1.86 inches of rain reported in the past 24 hours in Harper, Kansas.
- Galisteo Creel below Galisteo Dam crested a few inches above flood
stage between 5:10 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. with a crest of 9.18 feet at
- At 10:38 a.m. a waterspout was observed in North Long Key, Florida.
- Pea-sized hail was reported 2 miles south-southeast of Ashburn,
- A waterspout was observed 1 mile south of the Bahia Honda Channel
Rainfall Past 24-Hours
Baltimore, Md. 1.29
New York-Central Park 1.95
Gulfport, Miss. 1.78
Augusta, Ga. 1.71
Alma, Ga. 1.68
Wichita, Kan. 1.67
New York-La Guardia 1.62
Stats as of 9:00 p.m. E.D.T.
Reading, Penn. 1.41
Clayton, Maine 1.14
Las Vegas, N.M. 1.09
Alva, Okla. 1.09
Winfield, Kan. 0.99
New York-JFK 0.97
Gonzales, La. 0.96
Sallisaw, Okla. 0.95