Completed in 1886, Emmanuel Episcopal Church is a classic example of the work of Boston architect Henry Hobson Richardson and is on the National Register Of Historic Places. It is built on property acquired in 1882 from Macher Warfield --- a cousin of Wallis Warfield, later the Duchess Of Windsor.
The church's decor includes a "reredos", an impressive ornamental screen behind the altar featuring stained glass angels, mosaics and marble statues.
The church regularly holds events open to the general public, including live music performances.
The church is generally open to the public on Saturday morning, 8:00 a.m. to Noon and Sunday afternoon, 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. It may also be open other days and times depending on the event.
On-street parking is available.