St. Edmund's Academy is a coeducational day school enrolling students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade. With historic roots in the Episcopal tradition, the school welcomes families from all faiths and backgrounds.
The school was founded in 1947 by a group of mothers and the Church Of The Ascension. In 1952 Pauline Seeley Mudge, widow of Edmund W. Mudge, Pittsburgh industrialist and civic leader, donated land adjacent to the Church Of The Redeemer, which became the new home of the school. The school was named in honor of Edmund Mudge and the boy king of East Anglia in the 10th century. What began as an Episcopal school for boys evolved into a co-educational school for all faiths, united by the core principles of the school.
The St. Edmundís library holds more than 12,000 volumes. The school also includes two science labs, a 218-seat auditorium, two art studios, a well-equipped music room, a large field house, and two athletic fields.
Varies; call for information.
On-street parking is available.