Caritas Christi is the motherhouse of the Sisters Of Charity Of Seton Hill, an apostolic community of women religious, baptized in Christ, and vowed to continue the mission of His Church.
The sisters trace their origin to the first American congregation of women religious, founded by Saint Elizabeth Seton in 1809. In 1870, Sister Aloysia Lowe and three sisters were sent to western Pennsylvania from Cincinnati and began their work, founding and staffing schools. They established their foundation at Seton Hill in Greensburg in 1882. There, they also established a school for boys and an academy for girls, which grew into Seton Hill College.
Caritas Christi is open to the public only during certain events throughout the year.
Non-metered parking is available within walking distance of the building.