Slippery Rock is a small thriving community surrounded by rolling rural countryside and is home to slippery Rock University.
Originally home to Iroquois-Delaware indians, the first permanent white settler in the Slippery Rock area was Zebulon Cooper who settled there in 1796. in 1820 the first lots were laid out in Centreville (as Slippery Rock was first named) by David Dougal and sold to the first comers. Today, Slippery Rock has a population of roughly 13,000 people.
The town's business district is focused on Main Street and Franklin Road, which has been transformed into "The Village at Slippery Rock" including building facade improvements, new street lights, expanded sidewalks, public art installations and expanded parking.
Varies per business.
On-street parking is available as are some parking lots.