Originally a private, members-only organization in 1890 the University Club took moved into this beautiful building in 1923. Today it serves as the the banquet and conference center for the University Of Pittsburgh.
Begun in 1787 in a log cabin as the Pittsburgh Academy, the University Of Pittsburgh now covers over 130 acres. It is referred to locally as simply “Pitt”.
The club's impressive classical-style limestone eight-story building was designed by noted architect Henry Hornbostel (1867–1961) and is registered as a National Historic site.
Facilities include the College Lounge for bar and casual food and the library and reading room, which are located on the first floor, as well as the Fraternity Grill for higher-end dining, located on the second floor. A professionally-managed fitness center is located in the basement.
Publicly accessible facilities include a first-floor Brioche Dorée French Café, banquet facilities on the second floor suited for wedding receptions and other large gatherings, second- and third-floor small and large meeting or break-out rooms available to the University and outside communities, and a restored roof terrace that will host special events.
Each component has its own hours; call for information.
Parking is available at the garage located inside the nearby Soldiers & Sailors Hall.