Opened in 1882, the Pittsburgh Field Club is the oldest sports club in Western Pennsylvania.
The grounds were initially used to play cricket, a bat-and-ball game originating in England. Eventually it was redesigned as an 18-hole golf course featuring 6,611 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71.
The present club house was constructed in 1925. An elegant and stately building, it is the the focal point for members and guests to socialize as well as a place for tennis, swimming, platform (paddle) tennis, skeet shooting, fishing, bowling and duplicate bridge.
Varies; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.