At the heart of each ministry at Elfinwild Presbyterian Church is a desire to share the love of God and serve our Lord. Teey serve, in the name of God the Father, the needs of their church, community, and the world with the talents and resources they have been given and called to use.
Early in 1912, Elfinwild’s congregation was born when the Rev. S. E. Irvine, DD, pastor of Etna’s Calvert Memorial Church, recognized the need for religious work in the Elfinwild area.
The first part of the present building was dedicated in 1927. The congregation of 250 struggled through the Depression, but managed to pay off the mortgage in 1945. Elfinwild’s expansion in the 1940s included a larger sanctuary, duplicate worship services, a Christian Education building, and the installation of The Tellers pipe organ.
The church office is open weekdays, September through June, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; it closes at 1:00 p.m. in July and AUgust.
The church has its own parking facilities.