The territory in which the suburb of Dormont is situated was held by the Delaware and Shawnee tribes until 1768 when the territory was part of the transaction in which Fort Stanwix was purchased from the Six Nations. An order of incorporation was signed on March 31, 1909, making Dormont the first independent municipality in the South Hills of Allegheny County.
The Dormont Municipal Center houses the municipal offices, police department, historical society and Lifespan Senior Center.
The offices are open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Other parts of the facility are open as needed for events.
On-street parking is available as well as the parking lot across the street at the fire department.