The mission of St. John's Of Highland is to celebrate and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a family of God, providing a place and opportunities for worshipping the Lord as a congregation in accordance with the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions. St. Johnís Lutheran Church Of Highland is a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America.
St. John's traces its history to the 1790s when a number of German immigrants found a need to worship in their German language and customs and built a log church. In 1829 the church was formally incorporated.
In its life-time, St. Johnís has had at least four church buildings. In its early history it had one or two log churches. A new frame church was built in 1861. That building was to serve for 34 years until 1895, when a new church building was built. The building of 1895 was extensively remodeled in 1912. Then in 1932, an addition to the church building was made for the Sunday School. In 1951 ground was broken for a new church building. A second educational wing was added to the church and dedicated on May 22, 1960.
Varies; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available including handicapped parking.