An historic part of the Pittsburgh Public Schools system, Peabody in 1911 became the first district high school where children from East Liberty could attend school.
It is named in honor of Dr. Benjamin H. Peabody, a local physician who had served as a surgeon in the Union Army before coming to Pittsburgh in 1870. Dr. Peabody made his home in the 800 block of North Highland Avenue, three blocks from the school. In addition to practicing medicine in East Liberty until his death in 1910, Dr. Peabody was a member of the Hiland Sub-district School Board and served as Secretary of the Board for many years. Dr. Peabody was known and respected as a school director who gave much of his time and effort to education.
Facilities include a gym, a sports field, labs, meeting space, and the Adolescent Health & Wellness Center, which provides the students of Peabody High School with the necessary resources to improve and maintain their health and well-being.
Varies per season; call for current information.
On-site parking is available.