The town of Confluence is so named because on June 26, 1871, the Pittsburgh & Connellsville Railroad from Cumberland to Pittsburgh was completed with the line from Cumberland meeting the line from Pittsburgh near where the town now stands.
The Town Square is located in the center of the business district. The park hosts many events during the year and is a quiet and restful place to observe the passing scene. The focal point is the town's 100-year old gazebo.
The park is open dawn to dusk.
Parking is available all around the square.