The First United Methodist Church is a red brick building with a single bell tower in the middle of the street side of the church. The church is located on Main Street in Monongahela.
The church was first organized in 1813 by two brothers, itinerate millwrights. In 1864, facing rapid growth, the church hired noted architect Joseph Hoxie of Philadelphia to design a new building. His design, in the German Romanesque style, was remarkably similar to the building he had designed for First Presbyterian of York, Pa. in 1860. The Monongahela Church was to have a 182 foot high steeple. In 1916, after a year in which over 500 attended Sunday School every Sunday, the church added the Sunday School wing. It was designed by architect C.C. Compton of Donora.
Varies, although the church has regular Sunday worship starting at 9:45 a.m.
Parking is availabilable along Main Street in front of the church and in a lot behind the church on Chess Street.