Stewart Avenue Evangelical Lutheran Church (SAELC) was established in 1919 when the Lutheran City Mission Society sought land from Mr. Charles Clause to establish a church. Mr. Clause donated an old barn which was converted into a chapel and dedicated on the first Sunday in May 1920. The bell which is located in the Narthex dates back to the founding congregation.
On May 23, 1920, the new congregation was permanently organized and a motion was passed that the name of the Church would be “The Stewart Avenue Evangelical Lutheran Church Of Carrick.” The church continued to grow and in 1953 a building fund was started to put on an addition to the church. Ground breaking ceremonies were held on March 16, 1958 and on March 8, 1959 the new sanctuary was dedicated. This is a congregation of the ELCA, Southwestern PA Synod with strong German Roots and now reaches out to a diversity of people.
Varies per event or service.
On-site parking is available.