Benedum Center For The Performing Arts
719 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 [ map ] [ website ]
The Benedum Center is the result of a $43 million, three-year restoration of a former movie palace called the Stanley Theater. The 2,889-seat center opened in 1987 with opulent appointments, including a magnificent chandelier, aluminum-gilded plasterwork and recreated carpeting.
Many of the area’s leading performing arts organizations stage their shows here, including the Pittsburgh Opera and the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater.
Hours of operation
The box office is open on performance days only. For advance tickets, visit Theater Square nearby at Penn Avenue and Seventh Street.
Theater Square, nearby at 127 Seventh Street, has nearly 800 parking spaces. Call (412) 255-4365 for information.
Bus routes that serve this area
- 11A - McKnight Road
- 11C - Perry Highway
- 11D - Perrysville Avenue
- 11E - Fineview
- 11F - West View
- 13C - Perry Highway Express
- 13F - West View Express
- 13X - Perrysville Park-Ride
- 16B - Brighton Road
- 16F - City View
- 17B - Avalon via Shadeland Avenue
- 18B - Avalon - Shadeland Avenue Express
- 26E - Robinson
- 28E - Robinson Express
- 28F - Forest Grove Express
- 28G - Oakdale Express
- 31D - Bridgeville via Washington Avenue
- 33F - McDonald via Main Street Express
- 42L - Library
- 42S - South Hills Village via Beechview
- 500 - Highland Park - Bellevue