Hunt Armory was built in 1916 to house the First Battalion of the 107th Field Artillery regiment of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard. It was named in honor of Captain Alfred Epher Hunt, who commanded the regiment's historic Battery B in Puerto Rico during the Spanish-American War (1898).
The Armory's generous dimensions (56,000 square feet) and classical revival architecture dominate a full block between Emerson Street and South Highland Avenue. Until the Civic Arena was built in 1961, it was easily the largest auditorium in Pittsburgh and was in demand for concerts and political events, many of historical significance.
The Armory is part of the Roy A. Hunt Foundation.
Call for information.
On-street parking is available.