Founded in 1815, Allegheny College is a private liberal arts college with about 2,000 undergraduate students.
The campus has 36 principal buildings on a 77-acre central campus. This includes the student center, a beautiful example of arts & crafts architectural style which was originally built in 1913 as a fraternity house.
The best known structure is Bentley Hall. It was built between 1820 and 1835, and is a vernacular brick and stone building with a Federal style center building and Greek Revival style wings. The hall was donated by a college benefactor, William Bentley (1759-1819) and is used as Allegheny's administrative center.
Ford Chapel is a handsome Gothic worship center used for ecumenical services as well as concerts and other events.
Other facilities include the Pelletier Library, Winslow Health Center and the Henderson Campus Center, which has various art galleries.
Various per department; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.