Sharpsburg Riverfront Park

13th Street & River Street
Sharpsburg, PA 15215 [ map ] [ website ]
Phone: 412-781-0546

Description

Sharpsburg Riverfront Park is a public park located along the Allegheny River in the suburban town of Sharpsburg.

The town dates to 1826 when a man named James Sharp purchased 200 acres of the land and opened it up to settlers. He built the town's first home, a log cabin, as well as a school and a church. Today, Sharpsburg has about 3,500 people living in it.

The park features a gazebo, park benches and a picnic shelter as well as a launching point for boats and kayaks.

In may ways, it also functions as an extension of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail, an urban rail-trail paralleling Pittsburgh's riverbanks for about 25 miles, often on both sides of the rivers, and offering a spectacular view of the city.

Hours of operation

Daily, dawn to dusk.

Parking

Some limited parking is available.

In partnership with Pittsburgh A&E Group