Henry Memorial Center is the main physical fitness facility at rural William & Jefferson College.
Founded in 1791, Washington & Jefferson College's academic emphasis is on the liberal arts and the sciences, with a focus on preparing students for graduate and professional schools.
The Henry Memorial Center opened on February 6, 1970 and serves as the home for the college's volleyball, basketball, wrestling, swimming/diving and water polo. The center houses a performance gymnasium and a swimming pool.
There is also an auxiliary gym located adjacent to the main court. It has a basketball court with two hoops and has entrances to two handball courts. The third floor has many of the coaches’ offices as well as a wrestling practice room. The bottom floor houses the locker room facilities as well as the athletic training room. An equipment room located next to the athletic training room is where the student-athletes have their practice and game clothes washed and stored.
The center is named in honor of Wilbur "Pete" Henry (1897-1952), a professional football player and coach who later served more than 20 years as athletic director at the college.
Varies per event or program.
On-site parking is available.