Since 1906, Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church (the second oldest Unitarian church in Pittsburgh) has been a beacon not just of community, truth and spiritual growth, but of social advocacy and action.
The building is an excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture. The church walls are of random ashlar, quarry-faced stone. The roof is composed of large cross-gables whose ends are faced with decorative halftimbering. The eaves are finished with barge boards framed into octagonal pendants at the peaks. The three large stained glass windows are flat-headed and are centered just below the gable ends. This configuration, including the rectilinear window tracery and the half-timbering, was inspired by Perpendicular-style architecture.
Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church provides a welcoming home for people from many religious backgrounds and perspectives.
The Down Under Coffeehouse is open monthly on the third Saturday of the month in the church basement Sept through May. Live performances often occur there.
On-street parking and parking in the nearby Allegheny Center are available.