Designed by noted Pittsburgh architect Benno Janssen (1874-1964) and built in 1913 in the Italianate style, the Buhl building is one of downtown Pittsburgh's most amusing office and retail structures.
It was bought by Pittsburgh industrialist Henry Buhl Jr. while still under construction. The buidling's most interesting feature is its facade, which is faced with beautiful multi-colored terra cotta tiles.
The Buhl was recently renovated with a new street-level look that respects the tiles covering the upper floors.
Varies per tenant.
A parking garage is available nearby at a retail/office tower called Fifth Avenue Place. For information, call (412) 255-61030.