Penn Avenue & Seventh Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222 [ map ] [ website ]
Located near the O'Reilly Theater and Theater Square, Katz Plaza is a fun, artsy little park at the heart of the Pittsburgh Cultural District with a sculpture-fountain at its center.
Surrounded by eye-shaped benches, the fountain was the largest public art commission created by renowned French-American artist and sculptor Louise Bourgeois (1911-2010). The park is named in honor of local arts supporter Agnes R. Katz.
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, among other entities, sometimes holds events in the park.
Hours of operation
The park is open 24-hours a day.
Theater Square has a parking garage located nearby on Seventh Street. For information, call (412) 255-4365.
Bus routes that serve this area
- 11A - McKnight Road
- 11C - Perry Highway
- 11D - Perrysville Avenue
- 11E - Fineview
- 11F - West View
- 13C - Perry Highway Express
- 13F - West View Express
- 13X - Perrysville Park-Ride
- 16B - Brighton Road
- 17B - Avalon via Shadeland Avenue
- 18B - Avalon - Shadeland Avenue Express
- 26E - Robinson
- 28E - Robinson Express
- 28F - Forest Grove Express
- 28G - Oakdale Express
- 31D - Bridgeville via Washington Avenue
- 33F - McDonald via Main Street Express
- 42L - Library
- 42S - South Hills Village via Beechview
- 500 - Highland Park - Bellevue