Part of the University Of Pittbsurgh, the Frick Fine Arts Building is a landmark Renaissance villa
built in 1962 and used as the home of the university's History Of Art & Architecture Department, Studio Arts Department and the Frick Fine Arts Library.
It is named in honor of local industrialist Henry Clay Frick (1849-1919) and donated by her daughter Helen (1888-1984). Its design is modeled after Pope Julius III's (1487–1555) Villa Giulia in Rome, Italy. The building is constructed of white limestone and marble with a terracotta tile roof around a central courtyard.
The building's auditorium is often used for lectures and performances.
On-street parking and parking in the Schenly Plaza lot.