The recreated David L. Lawrence Convention Center is the regionís premier event facility, hosting not only conventions but often programming open to the general public like specialty shows.
It is named in honor of David Leo Lawrence (1889-1966) who was mayor of Pittsburgh from 1946 through 1959 and the governor of Pennsylvania from 1959 to 1963.
The original converence center was opened in 1979 but was completely rebuilt twenty years later as the current impressive 1,500,000-square-foot facility. It is the first convention center in North America to earn a LEED certification recognizing its eco-friendliness and energy efficiency.
Varies by event.
The convention center has its own parking facility.