The Franklin Park Chapel Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (LDS) is a worship and community center for members of the LDS church who reside in the suburbs north of Pittsburgh.
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints (whose members are commonly known as Mormons) was founded in 1830 by Joseph Smith Jr (1805-1844).
Built in the 1970s, the Franklin Park Chapel is a dynamic, contemporary red brick building with a modern steeple climbing toward Heaven. Inside, members enjoy a chapel for worship, a small research center and multiple classrooms.
The church also has a large mutli-purpose room that can be used for everything from a gym to a conference center.
Hours vary; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.