St. Valentine Parish began as a Catholic mission to the South Hills in 1923 and was formally established in 1931.
The church is named in honor of Saint Valentine, one of the most famous and mysterious figures in Christian history. It is believed he was martyred for marrying Christians during the Roman Empire's Pagan Era and trying (but failing) to convert Emperor Claudius II to Christianity.
St. Valentine's current parish building opened in 1943 and features a handsome mixture of traditional with contemporary elements resulting in a modern church that respects the community and Catholic history. Looming overhead is the magnificent bell tower and adjacent to the church is a full-service elementary school.
Call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.