St Peter Church is a magificent gothic structure built in the 19th century as the cathedral for the former Diocese Of Allegheny, until the city was merged with Pittsburgh becoming the North Side in 1907.
The church is named in honor of Simon Peter (1 BCE - 67 CE), a leader of the early Christian Church who was chosen by Jesus to be among his first disciples. According to Catholic belief, Peter was the first Bishop Of Rome (aka Pope). A statue of Peter can be seen above the church's entrance.
The campus comprising the church, rectory and Cardinal Wright Regional School are located on the west side of the Allegheny Center Circle.
The rectory is open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On-street parking is available.