A former Catholic church built in 1917, St. Agnes Center is now part of Carlow University. The facade of the building features an enormous, recessed Rose window. Inside, a 185 foot center aisle leads to an altar made from Boticino, Italian and other imported marbles. The vaulted ceilings are decorated with a series of intricately handpainted designs, including a majestic mural over the altar.
Carlow University is the only Catholic, women-centered liberal arts university in Pennsylvania. It prepares students, primarily women, for competent leadership and compassionate service in personal and professional life.
The center is named after Agnes Of Rome (291CE-304CE), a virgin-martyr venerated in the Roman Catholic Church. She is the patron saint of chastity, gardeners, girls, engaged couples, rape victims and virgins.
Varies per event or program.
Carlow has its own parking lot. Visit the receptionist in Frances Warde Hall for a temporary parking permit.