This magnificent structure, described as one of the region's most beautiful Beaux Arts buildings, is located in downtown Greensburg, the seat of Westmoreland County and holds most of the county's departments.
Westmoreland was founded in 1773 as the first county in the colony of Pennsylvania west of the Allegheny Mountains. It is named after a county in northwest England.
Erected in 1906, this four-story imposing architecture can be seen from several approaches into the county seat. Its central dome, 175 feet above the ground, is of Italian Renaissance style, one of only two in the world designed by the courthouse's original architect, William Kauffman.
Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Parking is available at the Robert Bell Garage, located nearby on West Otterman Street.