Originaly named the Full Gospel Church Of Carnegie, Hillside was founded in 1956 when a small group began to meet to study the Bible under Rev. Leonard Fox.
By 1960 a parcel of land was purchased at 600 Washington Avenue and construction of a new sanctuary began. From 1962 until 1982, the church was an affiliate church of the Assemblies Of God and was under the leadership of various Assembly pastors.
In 1982, under the leadership of the current pastor, David R. Morgan, the church stepped away from affiliation with the Assemblies to broaden its outreach to a wider spectrum of the Christian community; and thus, it became known as an inter-denominational congregation.
In 1984, their present facility at 1050 Campbells Run Road was constructed to accommodate the growing congregation. The campus consists of
two buildings. The main building houses classrooms, kitchen, church administration and ministerial offices. The entire second floor is a modern sanctuary.
The second building is a multi-purpose Family Life Centerconnected to the main building by a courtyard and covered walkway. A variety of classrooms and meeting rooms are located on the first floor. Also on the first floor is a fully-equipped kitchen for banquets and church dinners.
It is the hope and desire of Hillside Christian Community that it is a positive influence in the community, reaching out to young people, children, the elderly, families and single parents, to equip them as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to serve the Lord with all their hearts, that we might enjoy the blessing, the provision and the faithfulness of God upon our lives every day.
The church office is open weekdays, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Free, on-site parking is available.