Saint Andrew The Apostle Romanian Orthodox Church

56 Glenn Way
McKees Rocks, PA 15136 [ map ] [ website ]
Phone: 412-760-1438

Description

Established in 1995 and housed inside an abandoned Roman Catholic Church built in the 1960s, this church serves the Romanian Orthodox community in Pittsburgh. The building was formally consecrated in 2001.

According to the New Testement of the Christian Bible, Andrew was the brother of early church leader Peter. Both brothers were fishermen by trade, hence the tradition that Jesus called them to be his disciples by saying that He will make them "fishers of men".

Among the church's most distinctive features are the hand crafted wood iconostas and paintings along the walls --- all created by Romanian monks invite to America specifically for that purpose.

Hours of operation

Varies; call for information.

Parking

A parking lot is located adjacent to the church.

In partnership with Pittsburgh A&E Group