Edgehill Manor was the former summer home and art studio of William Singer Jr. It has since been demolished, but other parts of the estate remain.
William Singer, Jr. (1868-1943) was a local painter who co-founded the Washington County Museum Of Fine Arts. His style employs a technique called
pointillism, in which small points of color are used to create a vivid
overall effect. Singer's work can be found in private collections and in
museums all over the world.
Built in 1904, the large house echoed the Arts & Crafts style of that era, but also featured different architectual styles such as a Tudor entrance porch, stain glass windows representative of an earlier era and a distinctive polygonal tower capped with a copper dome.
Two of the estate's out buildings --- a water tower and a barn --- remain. Still a private residence, Edgehill's barn is sometimes used for events, especially an annual antique show.
Varies per event or program.
On-street parking is available.