Ford City is a small town of about 4,500 people in rural Armstrong County.
It was founded in 1887 as a company town by the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company (now PPG Industries) as the site of a glass factory. The town was named in honor of the company founder, John Baptiste Ford (1811–1903). The factory employed as many as 5,000 workers in its heyday. PPG shut down its Ford City operations in the 1990s.
Ford City Borough Park is a municipal park in the town's central business district featuring a memorial to veterans, a gazebo and lots of green space for community events.
The park is open daily, dawn to dusk.
On-street parking is available.