This five-acre plaza is the formal entry to the city's popular Schenley Park.
Schenley Park is a large municipal park made up of 300 acres donated by local philanthropist Mary Schenley (1826-1903) in 1889 and another 120 acres that the city subsequently purchased from her.
A green oasis in the urban neighborhood of Oakland, the plaza features dining kiosks, a tented area and free wireless internet.
The focus of Schenley Plaza is the PNC Carousel, a Victorian-style carousel, built by American craftsmen featuring a menagerie of animals symbolizes the fellowship and diversity of Pittsburgh.
The plaza is open 24-hours a day.
Metered parking is available in the surrounding area along Schenley Plaza's main streets.