Established in 1848 as Pittsburgh's first charted public hospital, the Western Pennsylvania Hospital (commonly known as "West Penn Hospital") is the flagship hospital of the West Penn Allegheny Health System.
It is a 500-bed academic medical center that has been regionally and nationally recognized for excellence in nursing, bariatric surgery, bone marrow and cell transplantation, burn care, cardiovascular care, joint care and reproductive medicine.
The hospital is open 24-hours a day, although some departments and offices may have more limited hours.
For the convenience and safety of patients and visitors, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital maintains a spacious, well-lighted Parking Complex on the corner of Liberty and South Millvale Avenues. The Parking Complex is open 24 hours a day and is patrolled by the Hospital's Security Department. For more information, call (412) 578-1803.