Founded in 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) is a large, internationally known urban hospital located in what was originally Allegheny City and is now Pittsburgh's north side.
The 724-bed academic medical center offers a wide array of medical and surgical services. AGH’s Cancer Center is one of the nation’s most advanced facilities, offering patients access to state-of-the-art programs for the complete spectrum of malignant disease, including centers for blood-borne, brain, breast, colon and rectal, esophageal, gynecologic, head and neck, liver, lung, pancreatic and prostate cancers.
It is the flagship hospital of the West Penn Allegheny Health System, the second-largest provider of healthcare in Pittsburgh.
The hospital is open 24 hours, although some offices and departments have more limited hours. Call for information.
Patients who must park their vehicle in the garage during their hospitalization will receive a discounted rate. Please call the Parking Department at (412) 359-6455 for more information.