Saint Bernadette Church is a large Catholic parish created to be a Eucharistic Community --- one that focuses on the sacrament also known as the Lord's Supper.
The church formed in 1952 as the Monroeville Catholic Guild. The current worship center --- a handsome modern structure with slanted roof and steeple --- was dedicated in 1969 and expanded several times to include space for a variety of programs.
It is named in honor of Marie Bernarde Soubirous (1844-1879) who reported eighteen apparitions of "a Lady" and was recognized as a saint by the Roman Catholic Church in 1933.
Saint Bernadette's offers worshipers a vast array of activities to enrich their journey through faith from an extensive music program, social and outreach ministries, support and prayer groups, and one of the best youth programs in the region.
The church also operates an adjacent elementary school.
The parish office is open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Free, on-site parking is available