Beulah Presbyterian Church

2500 McCrady Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235 [ map ] [ website ]
Phone: 412-242-4570

Description

Beulah Presbyterian Church is a handsome and historic brick church with a progressive outlook.

The church has origins on its current site dating from the 1780s. Constructed in 1837, the present Beulah Chapel and the adjoining cemetery are largely unchanged in their 165 year history. The building was listed in the Records of the National Historical Committee in the 1960's. However, it has been a challenge to keep the building historically intact while keeping it in compliance with current building codes. For example, the addition of the basement in the 1920's was a much more difficult project than the Beulah members had expected. The ground below the church was discovered to be solid rock, creating the immense problem of digging the basement with the only tools that were available at that time.

This solid rock foundation has been the rule for Beulah Presbyterian Church for the past 220 years. The members continue to support the remodeling and updating of their beloved Chapel. Recent renovations include new carpets and new pew cushions, authentic window glass and lighting fixtures, and a new sound system.

Today the Chapel is used for special holiday services, weddings, and occasional summer and evening worship services. Beulah members are justifiably proud of the Chapel and its role in Beulah's history of service to God.

Hours of operation

Sunday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Parking

Free, on-site parking is available.

In partnership with Pittsburgh A&E Group