Duquesne University is an internationally respected Catholic school.
Founded by members of the Congregation Of The Holy Spirit, Duquesne first opened its doors as the Pittsburgh Catholic College Of The Holy Ghost in October 1878 with an enrollment of 40 students and a faculty of six. In 1911, the college became a university, the first Catholic institution of higher learning in Pennsylvania to achieve such a distinction.
The campus is on a self-contained 48 acre hilltop adjacent to Pittsburgh's downtown. Key campus venues open to the general public include the Palumbo Center (sports and major concerts) and the PNC Bank Recital Hall (smaller, classical concerts).
The university has its own parking garage. For information, call (412) 396-5813.