Kiwanis Park is a small, 30-acre suburban park featuring a swimming pool, a senior citizens area, 2 playgrounds, 3 tennis courts, 2 ball fields, 1 picnic shelter, 2 basketball courts, and a street hockey court.
The park was originally built in 1951 by members of the local Kiwanis Club, an international organization of service clubs. The club sold the park to the town in 1965.
Shaler is named after Charles Shaler, a prominent 19th century Pittsburgh area judge, and president of the local 5th District Court during the mid-1800s.
Daily, dawn to dusk.
Free, on-site parking is available.