Oakmont Presbyterian can trace its membership back to 1856, when a mission was organized by members of the Associate Reformed Church, known as Hulton Mission. In this group there were Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, and Lutherans.
The present church building was dedicated on February 19, 1905. Its sanctuary is constructed "in the round" with the altar, pulpit, organ and choir loft as a central focus in the front of the sanctuary. The organ at Oakmont Presbyterian was remodeled in 2005 by the J. Zamberlan company. The console is comprised of three manuals and a pedal board with swell, great and positive divisions. In the organ chamber are 25 ranks/1,563 pipes, most of which were newly installed in 2005. The original organ was built by the M.P. Moller company in 1991.
Oakmont Presbyterian has an strong and active music ministry which presents several performances each year, all of which are open to the public. These presentations vary from organ recitals to chamber music to musical theatre.
The church office is open weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Limited parking places are available on Dogwood Way, off Pennsylvania Avenue.