One of Pittsburgh's historic religious communities, Allegheny Center Alliance Church began over 100 years ago and was an early member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
Founded by Rev. Albert Benjamin Simpson in 1887, the Christian & Missionary Alliance is a Fundamentalist denomination that began as two distinct parachurch organizations: The Christian Alliance, which focused on the pursuit and promotion of the Higher Christian life, and The Evangelical Missionary Alliance, which focused on mobilizing "consecrated" Christians in the work of foreign missionary efforts.
Allegheny Center Alliance Church is actually a small complex of buildings that began with the sanctuary on Arch Street that was built in 1911. By 1950 they were able to purchase a church building on Union Avenue. In the late 1960s the land fronting East Ohio Street was added and the current sanctuary was erected.
The church's facilities include an activities room for kids, a Community Resources Department, a Student Center for teens and various rooms for classes and Bible study.
Varies per program; call for information.
Nearby Allegheny Center has both underground and above ground parking facilities. For information, call (412) 323-4455.