The Carnegie Municipal Building is a two-floor brick building which houses the Carnegie Police Department, Carnegie Borough Council, tax and administrative offices, CharWest Council Of Governments, and other offices. The building, which sits next to the Port Authority Park-n-Ride, was dedicated in 2002.
Incorporated in 1894, Carnegie is named after industrialist Andrew Carnegie, who donated one of his libraries for the gesture. The town has a strong blue collar heritage whose major employers were steel mills such as Superior Steel & Union Electric Steel. Carnegie had a rail yard that had connections to several railroads early in the twentieth century, including the Wabash Pittsburgh Terminal railroad, and later the Pennsylvania Railroad.
The building is open weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A parking lot is available off of Veterans Way.