The Ellis School is a PK-12 all girls day school. The core of their educational philosophy is that girls learn best when their education is unequivocally, uncompromisingly valued and that girls lead strongly when it is their voice that is heard most loudly.
The school was founded in 1916, Sara Frazer Ellis to prepare girls and young women for “the rigorous admission requirements of the Eastern women’s colleges.”
Facilities inlcude a 300-seat auditorium for plays, lectures and concerts as well as over 16,000 square feet of gallery space in the newly acquired armory building adjacent to the Ellis campus.
The Ellis venues are open on an as needed basis for events. Regular school hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Access to the auditorium parking lot is from Fifth Avenue, and access to the Ellis Armory is from Penn Avenue.