Saint John Evangelical Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America.
Formed in 1988 by the merging of three churches, the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America (ELCA) is a mainline Protestant denomination with 4.9 million baptized members. The ELCA is often very progressive theologically with women pastors and a welcoming approach to the GLBT community.
Saint John's congregation was founded in 1882 as a German Evangelical Lutheran Church. Their beautiful building was dedicated in 1929, and an education building was added in 1961.
The office is open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
There is a parking lot on the church property. On street parking is alwo available.