The Charles L. Cost Center is an indoor athletic facility on the University Of Pittsburgh campus. Named after former running back Charles L. “Corky” Cost (who donated an excess of $1 million for its construction), it is spacious enough to house a regulation football field or nine tennis courts.
Recently resurfaced with a new Astroturf surface, the Cost Center has served as an indoor facility for the Panthers football, baseball, and softball teams.
Begun in 1787 in a log cabin as the Pittsburgh Academy, the University Of Pittsburgh now covers over 130 acres. A focal point is the historic Cathedral Of Learning. At 42 stories, it is the tallest academic building on Earth. It is referred to locally as simply “Pitt”.
The campus has various facilities with events open to the public, such as sports games, art exhibits, concerts, lectures and plays.
Available for students daily, 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., public access varies with each event.
The university has various parking facilities.