Cathedral Of Learning (University Of Pittsburgh)
4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260 [ map ] [ website ]
Standing at 535 feet, the 42-story Cathedral Of Learning is the tallest educational building in the western hemisphere and the second tallest educational building in the world. It is the focal point of the campus of the University Of Pittsburgh.
Begun in 1787 in a log cabin as the Pittsburgh Academy, the University Of Pittsburgh now covers over 130 acres. It is referred to locally as simply “Pitt”.
The campus has various facilities with events open to the public, such as sports games, art exhibits, concerts, lectures and plays.
Hours of operation
Varies; call for information.
The university has multiple parking facilities.
Bus routes that serve this area
- 100 - West Busway All Stops
- 44U - Oakland - Mount Lebanon
- 500 - Highland Park - Bellevue
- 501 - Manchester - Wiikinsburg
- 54C - North Side - Oakland - South Side
- 56U - Oakland - Greenfield
- 61A - East Pittsburgh - Wilkinsburg
- 61B - Braddock - Swissvale
- 61C - McKeesport - Homestead
- 67A - Monroeville
- 67C - Laketon Road
- 67E - Greensburg Pike
- 67F - Trafford
- 67J - Lincoln Highway
- 71A - Negley
- 71C - Wilkinsburg - East Liberty
- 71D - Hamilton
- 74B - Highland Park - RIDC
- 77U - Oakland - Penn Hills
- 84A - Herron Hill - Oakland
- 84B - Oakland Loop