Old Union is a rural church founded in 1806 and is in affiliation with the United Presbyterian Church Of North America.
The congregation first met in a grove of trees, near the present village of Brownsdale until 1820, when they moved to a site one and a half miles south of the current building, which opened in 1839.
After a fire destroyed the church building in 1905, the present building was erected within a year, despite the fact that the church had only 90 members and no pastor at the time. Old Union's membership declined to an all-time low of 78 in 1928, when the trend was reversed and the congregation began to grow. In 1958 an addition was erected to handle the increased numbers, which peaked at about 330 members in the late 1960's. Following another period of membership decline, Old Union is once again beginning to grow, with a current membership of about 210.
Old Union, which has expanded again, features various rooms for meetings, classes and other events for the congregation and the community.
The grave of James Glover, a Revolutionary War veteran and the first permanent white settler in Butler County, is located in Old Union's cemetery, and is a continuing testimony to the history of this church.
Varies per event or program. Call for details.
Free, on-site parking is available.