With its cornerstone laid in 1902, Epiphany Catholic Church is one of the oldest and most historically significant houses of worship in Pittsburgh.
Designed by Edward Stotz, the church is a red brick Romanesque structure with Byzantine details. Artist Taber Sears executed the paintings of Christ and the apostles which dominate the sanctuary. Magnificent stained-glass windows were designed and installed between 1903 and 1919 by George Sotter. On the left side, these windows depict familiar stories from the New Testament; on the right side, stories from the Old Testament. The marble canopy over the main altar contains a extraordinary Venetian mosaic tympanum. Marble for the sanctuary was ordered and cut in Pietrasanta, Italy and reconstructed when it was delivered to Epiphany Church.
Among the church's facilities is McDowell Hall. Located in the church basement, this a handsome room with elegant chandeliers that can comfortably host up to 350 people for various events.
Varies; call for information.
Free, on-site parking is available.